Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tale of the Tall Girl








Looking back, I can say with confidence that I was always "the tall girl" or at least the second tallest in my class/grade.  I was utterly enthusiastic that I was one of the tallest. Very proud of it. It made me feel like I was successful, at least when it came to growing. 



Then something happened. Puberty hit, and suddenly all the girls wanted to be liked by boys. I learned very quickly that boys who haven't yet reached their full height in puberty, don't like girls who are just as tall or taller than them.

So, for a long time I didn't like being tall. All of my friends were short. They would get all of the attention. So I slouched and squatted and hunched as much as I could, not realizing that I didn't look any shorter.



One day my eyes opened, and I realized that slouching didn't make me look more desirable or "normal". I just looked ridiculous. I'm not sure how or why it happened, but from that day on I began to stand tall. No looking back.

I see my sister slouching like I used to, but I'm not worried. I know she'll reach that moment where things just click, and we'll see eye to eye.


Coat: Zara
Dress: Bebe
Tights: American Apparel
Shoes: Calvin Klein

2 comments:

  1. Great outfit :)The coat and dress are gorgeous !!

    www.mishymoo62.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete