Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Movin' Right Along




As a New Yorker, I never really saw the point of learning how to drive. I knew that I should know how to drive at some point, but only because its a life skill.
When I turned 16, almost 8 years ago, I wasn't thinking of getting my license or a car. NYC insurance prices and traffic make it silly for most people to do so.
…but last year something changed.

My cousin, the next youngest after myself within my family, turned sixteen. That (sadly) is what pushed me to get my license. I just couldn't let him gain that accomplishment before me, even if he lives in the 'burbs.


So I paid for classes, and asked for family help. A month later I passed my test!!

Yes, I passed by a hair, but I was nervous… don't judge me!

Now I actually love driving when I get the chance. Just not in Manhattan.

No comments:

Post a Comment